bee-fest 2021 covid-19 considerations
[Updated October 11, 2020]
Our new Adventure with Confidence policy covers the safety measures of our normal retreat travel but Bee-Fest is a bit different. Because of the larger group size, additional precautions must be taken to abide by the most recent requirements of the local health authority.
The situation with COVID-19 is fluid and our policies will continue to be refined and updated as new information becomes available from the Utah Department of Health and our partners.
HOW WE CLEAN YOUR GUEST ROOMS
Our housekeeping room protocol begins with our team removing all used items from the room such as bedding and towels. Next, the team performs a full clean of the room and bathroom including vacuuming the carpet, mopping floors and wiping down all surfaces with hospital-grade cleaners.
Then, using trusted products from Lysol*, we do an additional disinfecting step for several surfaces in the room, including: all switches and electronic controls, handles and knobs, major bathroom surfaces and the remote control.
CHANGES TO OUR HOUSEKEEPING SERVICES
For your comfort, we want your stay to be as undisturbed as possible. Guests are invited to tailor their housekeeping services to their comfort level. To schedule, simply call the front desk. Additional amenities such as linens and toiletries are available upon request, delivered in protective packaging and placed at the guest room door.
HOW WE KEEP OUR PUBLIC AREAS CLEAN
Guests will find disinfecting stations with wipes and hand sanitizer available throughout our properties. Additionally, both public and Team Member areas are cleaned at scheduled intervals, including hourly maintenance of high-touch areas like elevators and bathrooms.
Each area is cleaned using approved commercial-grade products followed by additional disinfection using the approved Lysol* products.
HOW WE CLEAN OUR AMENITIES
It’s our goal to provide our guests with the quality experience you expect from Hilton while ensuring the wellbeing of all our guests and Team Members. However, during your stay, you may notice increased cleaning and additional changes to our regularly offered amenities, such as the fitness center, pool and spa.
Food, Drink & Dining
Meals will be served outdoors whenever possible and the following practices and procedures will be followed in the dining areas.
- Limit tables to groups of 10
- Groups of attendees at a table must maintain a distance of 6 feet from patrons of other parties at all times.
- In waiting areas, a 6-foot distance must be maintained between parties, whether indoor or outdoor.
- Hosts will open doors for attendees and guide them to their seats to prevent congregating; hand sanitizer will available at the door.
All staff involved in preparing and serving meals are doing so under the supervision of our trusted Chef Joann and you can expect the following procedures.
- Staff are checked for symptoms each day and asked if any member of the employee’s household has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days. A log will be kept and available for inspection by the local health officer.
- Staffwill wear face coverings at all times and perform hand hygiene between interactions with each table.
- Cups, lids, napkins, and straws will be handed directly to customers by the staffand will not be brought to the table until attendees are seated.
- The staff willlavoid touching items that have been placed on the table (plates, utensils, cups, etc.). The table will be cleared by a dedicated staff member once all guests have left.
- Dedicated staffmembers sanitize the area occupied by attendees upon departure including tables, salt and pepper shakers, etc. and conduct sanitization of high-touch surfaces throughout the day as needed.
All meals are prepared fresh by Chef Joann and her staff in the commercial kitchen at our boutique hotel. There will be no buffet or family-style dining. All meals will be plated and served to each guest.
Trasportation & off-site activities
All transportation for off-site adventures will be provided by our guides and partners who are mandated to follow the current requirements set by Washington County and the State of Utah. As of today, those guidelines are as follows:
- Hand sanitizer will be available when entering any vehicle.
- Face coverings will be worn in vehicles when 6-foot distancing is not possible.
- All transport vehicles are cleaned and sanitized after each trip.
All off-site activities are outdoors where social distancing will be possible. Our guides and partners are trained and proficient in following the current requirements set by Washinton County and the State of Utah. As of today, those guidelines are as follows:
- Maximum group size of 50 people.
- Groups will be spread out to allow appropriate social distancing.
- All gear, including bicycles and canyoneering equipment, will be sanitized prior to use and assigned to each guest for the duration of the activity.
gatherings & musical performances
The grounds of our boutique hotel provide ample beautiful space to maintain social distancing while participating in all performances and group sessions. Each event will be reinforced with professional sound so there won't be a bad seat in the "house" or in this case outside.
Training sessions & workshops
All group sessions will be conducted outside with ample space and any shared equipment will be sanitized after each use.